METRO DETROIT COMMUNITIES
Many people consider Oakland County, MI as one of the best, if not the best places to live in the US. It is the premiere location to live, work, play and raise a family! But if you’re still not convinced about it, allow me to introduce you to its wonderful community.
Oakland County, MI is part of the Metro Detroit community, located northwest of Detroit. It’s one of the richest counties in the US and the second-most populous county in Michigan with approximately 1.26 million residents. Oakland County, MI borders many counties including Macomb County, MI and Wayne County, MI.
The sense of community and high emphasis on quality of life is at the top of the things people love about Oakland County, MI. Its social calendar is filled with special events and festivals for the entire family. For parents, you will find an abundance of excellent school options in the area. The shopping, award-winning restaurants, and nightlife scene are among the other appealing factors.
Homes for Sale in Oakland County, MI
Homes for sale in Oakland County, MI comes in many styles; traditional-style homes, modern-style homes, cottage-style homes, and historic-style homes. If you’re searching for something else, then the local real estate market has plenty of other selections — take your pick from single-family homes, townhouses, condos, apartments, and luxury homes in a wide variety of architectural styles.
The homeownership rate in Oakland County, MI is 70.8%, which is higher than the national average. Most homes for sale in Oakland County, MI spend an average of 52 days on the market. This is great news, so whether you are buying a home or selling your property, homes for sale in Oakland County, MI are likely to sell quickly.
Homes for sale in Oakland County, MI are also reasonably priced. The median listing price is a little over $300K. It’s entirely possible to move into a lovely 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom home for under $200K. Excellent price points aside, homes for sale in Oakland County, MI has an average commute time of 25.3 minutes.
Communities in Oakland County, MI include:
- Auburn Hills
- Bloomfield Hills
- Farmington Hills
- Fenton (mostly in Genesee County)
- Hazel Park
- Huntington Woods
- Keego Harbor
- Lake Angelus
- Lathrup Village
- Madison Heights
- Northville (partially in Wayne County)
- Oak Park
- Orchard Lake Village
Pontiac (county seat)
Living in Oakland County, MI
Just beyond Detroit, are some of America’s favorite downtowns. Local businesses are thriving, outdoor recreation opportunities are limitless, and the thrills of amusement are just a short drive away. From iconic Main Streets to cool corridors, the downtown areas of Oakland County, MI offer something for the senses to savor.
Let’s take a look at Oakland County, MI attractions:
- Detroit Zoo – One of Michigan’s largest family attractions, located about 2 miles north of the Detroit city limits. Situated on 125 acres of naturalistic exhibits, the Detroit Zoo is home to more than 2,400 animals representing 235 species.
- Cranbrook Art Museum – Located in Oakland County, this museum maintains thousands of contemporary art, artifacts, design, architecture, and crafts, showcased on an expansive campus with gardens & sculptures from work of regional, national, and international artists.
- Kensington Metropark – On one of Michigan’s most popular parks, enjoy 4,486 acres of the great outdoors, year-round, for all ages. Attractions include a golf course, toboggan hill, beaches, splash pad with water slide, horse trails, canoeing, and much more.
- Erebus Haunted Attraction – A four-story, state of the art, haunted attraction located in Downtown Pontiac, Michigan, open seasonally for Halloween. Erebus delivers terrifying thrills, unforgettable moments of laughter, and blood curdling screams.
Do you want to learn more about Homes for Sale in Oakland County, MI?
Finding perfect homes for sale in Oakland County, MI is about to get easy. Simply contact me today for more information on Oakland County, MI real estate.
“Oakland County, MI.” Data USA, datausa.io/profile/geo/oakland-county-mi.
(2020). “Oakland County, MI Real Estate Market.” Realtor.com, realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Oakland-County_MI/overview.
“Detroit Destinations, Oakland Tourists Attractions.” VisitDetroit.com, visitdetroit.com/destinations/oakland.
Get the latest home buying resources
Sign up today and receive home buying resources, buyers and sellers tips, news, updates and more.